While we take reasonable steps to protect your personal information once it is in our possession, Ugreen cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us before it reaches us, and you do so at your own risk. You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and/or any account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online.
1. Collection, Use and Disclosure of Information
1.1 Collection of Information
1.1.1 Information That You Provide to Ugreen
If you provide it to us, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Contact information: name; address; phone number; email address;
- Purchase information: delivery address;
- Information about your purchases: the goods purchased and how many;
- Information about and/or to support complaints made in connection with Ugreen or goods and/or services purchased via Ugreen;
- Your account for identification verification in certain circumstances when you apply for after-sales services;
- A copy of any correspondence with us, including any verification information we ask for if you contact us for any reason.
1.1.2 Information That We Collect Automatically
With regard to each of your visits to Ugreen, we will automatically collect the following information:
- Details of Ugreen buying and browsing activities;
- Information collected from your device, including IP addresses, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser type, broad geographic location, browsing patterns, and details of how you have interacted with Ugreen;
- Information about visitors, including browser software, operating system, software and hardware attributes, pages viewed, number of sessions, and unique visitors.
1.1.3 Information That We Receive From Third Parties
We collect personal information from third parties, including our related companies, business partners, your representatives, public sources, and social media platforms if you choose to register for a Ugreen account via a social media account.
1.2 Use of Personal Information
We collect and use your personal information for various purposes, including but not limited to:
- Provide, administer, and improve Ugreen services;
- Process payments and refunds;
- Improve and personalize the Ugreen website and products;
- Maintain and update records, verify your identity, and protect our lawful interests;
- Provide customer service support;
- Facilitate communication between buyers and Ugreen;
- Conduct research and analytics;
- Deliver tailored marketing and advertising;
- Verify identity and purchases in connection with product warranty or other after-sales claims.
1.3 Disclosure or Sharing of Personal Information
We may exchange personal information with third-party service providers for various purposes, including but not limited to:
- Ugreen group entities and affiliated companies;
- Business partners;
- Marketing and advertising partners;
- Payment service providers;
- Logistics partners;
- Customs agents;
- Cloud computing or other hosting service providers;
- Warranty service providers;
- Professional advisers, law enforcement agencies, insurers, government and regulatory organizations;
- Actual or potential buyers in connection with business transactions;
- Other persons with your consent.
We will retain your personal information in the following ways:
- Retention in case of queries: We may retain your data for a reasonable period after you have enquired.
- Retention in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements: We will retain your data for as long as we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so, to provide services or products to you, as required or permitted by applicable laws.
The duration of data retention depends on your usage of our website and the purpose for which the information is provided. For example, if you are a registered member, certain data will be retained for a period following termination or deletion of your account, to comply with laws or in case of disputes.
3. Information Transaction
We share information globally, both internally within the Ugreen affiliates and externally with our partners, and with those you connect and share with worldwide in accordance with this policy. Your information may be transferred, transmitted, stored, and processed globally, including in the United States or other countries outside of where you live, for the purposes described in this policy. These data transfers are necessary to provide the services set forth in the Ugreen and to globally operate and provide our products to you. We utilize standard contractual clauses, rely on the European Commission's adequacy decisions about certain countries, as applicable, and obtain your consent for these data transfers to the United States and other countries.
4. Rights Regarding Personal Information
Under applicable laws, you may have rights of access to personal information held by us and other rights. If you are a Visitor from the European Union, please refer to section 9. VISITORS FROM THE EUROPEAN UNION below for more information. If you are a Visitor from California, please refer to section 9. VISITORS FROM CALIFORNIA below.
5.1 What are cookies
A cookie is a small data file that certain websites write to your hard drive when you visit them. It can contain information such as a member ID that the site uses to track the pages you've visited. Cookies work by assigning a unique number to the user that has no meaning outside the assigning site.
5.2 Types of cookies we collect
- Recognizing you when you sign in for personalized content and features.
- Keeping track of your specified preferences.
- Tracking items in your shopping cart.
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve Ugreen's content, products, and services.
- Improving security and delivering relevant content and ads based on your interests.
5.4 Other tracking technologies
5.5 How can you control cookies
You can control cookie acceptance by configuring your browser's privacy settings. If you do not want information collected through cookies, most browsers offer a simple procedure to deny or accept the cookie feature. Note that cookies may be necessary for certain features on the Ugreen website.
6. Children’s Privacy
Ugreen does not sell products for purchase by children but for adults. If you are under 18, you may use Ugreen Services only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without the consent of the child's parent or guardian. If a child has provided us with personal information without parental or guardian consent, the parent or guardian should contact email@example.com to remove the information.
7. Security Measures
Ugreen employs various security measures to safeguard your personal information. All user contact information is kept behind a "firewall" and is accessible only to a limited number of employees with special access rights to production systems. Personal information is stored in electronic form only.
Your personal account information is protected by your password. If you wish to modify your personal information, you can do so on the Ugreen member account page, where a valid member ID and password are required for authentication. As password information is encrypted, it remains completely invisible, even to our customer service team. We strongly advise against sharing your password with anyone.
While we employ appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your information, it's important to note that no data transmission over the internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be perfectly secure. Therefore, although we take all necessary precautions, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit over the internet.
9. Visitors From The European Union
This section applies if you are based in the European Economic Area (EEA), which includes the UK in the event of the UK’s departure from the European Union. The data controller of your personal information is (HAMERICA UGREEN LIMITED) Private Limited. Personal data of European data subjects is initially processed in Ireland and transferred for storage in the US and Canada in accordance with the GDPR. Personal data of non-European residents is processed and stored in the US and Canada. For contact details, please see section 11. CONTACT US below.
9.1 Legal Basis for Data Processing
- Necessary for the performance of a contract between you and Ugreen;
- Necessary to comply with legal requirements (e.g., applicable accounting rules and mandatory disclosures to law enforcement);
- Necessary for our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights; and/or
- Based on your consent.
If we rely on our legitimate interests for processing, we will make it clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are. If we ask for your personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to enter into a contract with you, we will make this clear and advise you whether the provision is mandatory and the consequences of not providing it. You may be required to provide personal information for us to provide our services fully and for you to use all features of our website.
If you have questions about the legal basis of collecting and using your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under section 11. CONTACT US below.
9.2 International Transfers of Personal Information
In connection with providing services through our Ugreen, we will transfer your personal information to countries outside the EEA, including the United States, Russia, and China (see section 3 INFORMATION TRANSACTION).
9.3 Your Rights
You have the following data protection rights, which you can exercise at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under section 11. CONTACT US below:
- The right to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information.
- The right to object to processing of your personal information when it is based on our legitimate interests.
- The right to ask us, in some situations, to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- The right to opt-out of newsletters emails we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the marketing e-mails we send you.
- If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing conducted prior to your withdrawal.
- The right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. Contact your local data protection authority for more information.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. If you are aware of changes or inaccuracies in your information, please inform us so that our records may be updated or corrected.
10. VISITORS FROM CALIFORNIA
You have the right to request that we disclose information about our collection and use of personal information and to request access to your personal information. You also have the right to request that we delete personal information in certain circumstances. We will not charge you different prices or provide different quality of services unless those differences are related to your information or otherwise permitted by law.
To exercise your rights, you or your authorized agent may contact us using the contact details provided under section 11. CONTACT US below. Once we receive your request, we may verify it by requesting information sufficient to confirm your identity, including by asking you to verify information about your use of the websites.
11. Contact Us
Contact us using the details below if you wish to access or correct any personal information we hold about you. We may need to verify your identity. If we deny any request to access or correct personal information, we will provide our reasons. Where we decide not to make a requested correction to your personal information, you may ask us to note your request with the information.